ODESSA NATIONAL MARITIME UNIVERSITY (ONMU)
- In May 1945 the Institute was named as Odessa Institute of Marine Fleet Engineers – OIME.
- In 1994 the Institute was renamed into Odessa State Maritime University – OSMU.
- In 2002 the University was awarded with National status by the Decree of the President of Ukraine – ONMU.
The ONMU is under direct subordination of the Ministry of Science and Education of Ukraine and has got the IVth (the highest) level of accreditation.
In 2003 ONMU successfully completed the certification of Quality Management System Conformity ISO 9001: 2008.
ONMU is a member of
- Magna Charta Universitatum – Italy;
- University Network of Central European Initiative – СЕІ, Italy (ONMU – is Coordinator of the CEI in Ukraine);
- South East European Transport Research Forum – SETREF, Italy.
- International Association of Maritime University – IAMU, Japan;
- European Association of Universities – EUA, Belgium;
Since 1995 ONMU participated in Trans-European Programs of Cooperation (TACІS -TEMPUS) and CEI Programmes.
Traditions of foreign students’ training:
- Odessa National Maritime University has trained staff for maritime industry of foreign countries since 1950. For this period there has been prepared graduates for 72 countries of Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- For outstanding achievements in strengthening international relations OIME was awarded the “Friendship” Order of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, 1978.
- For outstanding achievements in training high-level specialists for Merchant Marine OIME was awarded the Order of the “Labour Red Banner,” 1984.