Everyone knows that studying abroad is interesting, prestigious and fascinating. Therefore, the number of students studying abroad is increasing. The opportunity to get a good education is always highly valued, and it is easier to find a job with a good diploma. Especially if this diploma will be supported by good knowledge. Students from India are increasingly mastering foreign institutions, especially when it comes to medical education. But what problems are waiting such students?
Problems faced by Indian students studying abroad
1. Education at foreign universities is conducted most often in English, which requires a good knowledge of the language. And main problems faced by Indian students in learning English is its academic focus. There should be not just a well-spoken language, but also an understanding of scientific vocabulary. Often this requires serious preparation in advance, before the start of training. You should not count on the fact that the learning of the language go along with the start of training — the program in medicine is quite complicated, and the scholar simply will not have enough time for additional classes.
2. Education in another country will take place in parallel with the adaptation to life in this country. And problems faced by Indian students in Ukraine –another religion and lifestyle, even food and road traffic. And here it is important before arriving in the country, in advance, to familiarize yourself with the basic rules of behavior that have been adopted there. And, of course, try not to break them, no matter how desirable.
3. Studying abroad to all teenagers, in the first place, is an independent life. Without family, parents and other relatives. It is important not to be lost here, if necessary, seek help from the curators – problems faced by Indian students abroad are the same as faced by any other foreign students. There are a lot of solutions to any problem. The main thing is not to withdraw into yourself with your problems, but to find a way out.
4. Lack of motivation to learn. It’s really problem to stay motivated if you are far from your home, study in another style and often being short of money. In this case you should keep in mind your main goal – MBBS. Don’t let little things distract you. You should complete your MBBS to become a doctor or continue your education in European or American institutes.
5. Sometimes at the beginning of their studies, people may be accompanied by ailments associated with the change of climatic zones, water and food. You should to be ready, after consulting with the doctor. Maybe, you’ll take medicine at first. Don’t be afraid, it’s absolutely normal, just specific of the body.
And who will help?
Every student studying abroad is by no means alone with his problems. He can always ask for help from the leadership of the university, to the curators, to specialized companies that help to anybody enroll and learning in other country. In some cases, you should contact the consulate of India for help. In addition, the consulates of Ukraine in India are loyal enough to parents of students and give visas so that they have the opportunity to visit their children.
In any way, Ukraine is developed enough to be very comfortable for foreign students. Surely, if you are keep in mind to receive some knowledges in Ukrainian language to avoid misunderstanding with local people.
Ukraine is a fairly safe country. Of course, basic precautions should be observed. But mostly scholar live quietly and interestingly. In any case, besides the diploma, it will be an important life experience for a young person.