Kharkov National Medical University provides the possibility to choose a preferable language: Russian or English. If you choose Russian you need to take the preparatory courses before the start of the training. The duration of courses is 1 year. During these courses, you study the main subjects: biology, chemistry, physics and the Russian language.
After that you will be able to choose the main direction of training in the Master’s program to obtain the degree of a doctor of medical sciences, which is equivalent to M.B.B.S. in India:
- The course of General Medicine. The term of study is 6 years. Training in Russian or English.
- Stomatology. The term of study is 5 years. Training in Russian or English.
- Pharmaceuticals. The term of study is 5 years. Training in Russian only.
- Post Graduate courses 2 оr 3 years
- Preparatory course 8 months
The course is developed according to the modern curriculum taking into account the optimal load for students. Training takes place 5 days a week, Saturday and Sunday are day-offs. In average, the classes start at 8:00 and ends at 16:00 every day. The working week consists of 54 training hours, while 36 of them are the lectures and 18 hours are intended for practical classes. The training program will allow you to study the necessary material thoroughly and to achieve the success in your chosen profession.
Post Graduate courses
Short term Advanced Certificate Course – Duration of course is from 3 months up to 12 months. These courses are conducted in Russian and English medium in various specializations on specific topics / techniques.
Senior Residency – Duration of course is 3 years and is conducted in Russian and English medium.
PG courses in Dentistry (MDS) – Duration of course is 2-3 years and in conducted in Russian and English medium. University is conducting PG courses in English medium in following specializations of dentistry:
- Orthopedic Stomatology (Prosthodontics)
- Pediatric Stomatology (Dentistry)
- Surgical Stomatology / Oral Surgery
- Therapeutic Stomatology / Conservative Dentistry
The Students are to receive
- the most necessary skills in reading, listening, writing and speaking with focused work on subject’s specific to the University classroom.
- full use of all university resources, including all libraries, recreational facilities, accommodation
- computer suites and student services.
Benefits of pre-med courses for international students:
- Preparatory visas start after 15th November. This way student can easily get visa 100%.
- Student can easily acclimatize when he prefers preparatory course, and then the student can start 1st year right from 1st of September without missing any classes.
- Tuition fee for preparatory course is not more than 1200 USD.
- After completing the preparatory students gets direct and guaranteed admission to 1st year or any other course.
- Preparatory courses can be joined from 1st December till 1st of March.